CATEGORY: Help Articles
How to use e-shot for re-targeting
Retargeting, also known as remarketing, is a form of online advertising that can help you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website. For most websites, only around 4% of web traffic converts on the first visit, so you need to bring them back and e-shot can help.
Retargeting campaigns allow you to target specific visitors with specific ads with the goal of convincing them to convert for your offer. These campaigns work because they enable you to show those visitors ads who’ve already expressed an interest in your product. With the help of search engines and social media channels, you can remind them they wanted to solve a problem and why your product offers the best solution.
By focussing on those who have engaged with your site and are aware or shown interest in your product offer you can also spend your advertising budget more effectively as retargeting is on warmer leads.
The buying journey can be long and convoluted, indeed a general rule of thumb is that a prospect needs to hear your message at least 7 times before they are ready to start talking to you. Retargeting allows you to keep your brand in front of your potential customers after they have left your website — persuading them to reconsider your offer when they need it.
There are two basic goals you can set for your remarketing campaigns:
1. Awareness: Awareness campaigns are used to inform visitors about your product features and other announcements. This is a less targeted goal because it’s directed at visitors who haven’t interacted a lot with your business. You can run awareness campaigns as a precursor for your conversion campaigns.
2. Conversion: Conversion campaigns are used for visitors who are more familiar with your brand and its products or services. But, they still haven’t committed to an offer, so you want them to click on the ad, direct them to a post-click landing page, and convince them to convert.
According to Google, combining retargeting ads with the other advertising you already do can help you sell 50% more stuff.
How can e-shot help
With e-shot marketing cloud you can track website visitors’ activity in several ways for example;
- The number of and duration on pages they have viewed
- If they have viewed key selling pages or specific pages
By using this behavioural information as a trigger you can then use automations to react in a variety of ways for example;
- Notify a team member i.e. sales person or account manager
- Add the contact to a group (which can then be automatically transferred to a social audience or google remarketing audience)
- Send a highly targeted email or trigger an email nurture series.
Email marketing healthcheck
We are confident that we can help you, which is why we offer a free healthcheck to identify potential issues with your current programme and free advice on things that could be done to improve it.