There are a few HTML ground rules, that need to be followed. This should be considered for:
1. There must be no reference to external scripts or CSS files at all.
2. External fonts are only permitted from Google fonts, and must be imported using the @import url method within the style tags, e.g.
It is essential that no fonts are attempted to be imported using the link href method, in the HTML document's head.
3. Avoid importing any HTML created using a third party full Email Service Provider. We cannot support the upload of HTML documents created using such tools. You can, however, opt to use a robust, dedicated HTML email creation solution such as Stripo. However, should you opt to use custom fonts, please do bear in mind checking if you need to make adjustments to accommodate for point 2. and specifically for Stripo, please take extra care to check your email design in mobile view, as theirs also works differently to most solutions.
4. Although not essential, don't forget to apply *companyinfo* and *unsubscribe* nearer the end of your document, in an appropriate way, to help pull through these essential sections, in a formatted, rather than unformatted, way. *companyinfo* pulls in the centrally-stored company information on your account, such as company number and address, whereas *unsubscribe* pulls in the centrally stored unsubscribe line on your account. These are legally required and will be forced in unformatted into your message, if not supplied in the HTML code.
5. Ensure the HTML is properly nested and correctly structure, with an opening HTML tag head section, a body section (using both opening and closing body tags) and a closing HTML tag.
We are confident that we can help you, which is why we offer a free healthcheck to identify potential issues with your current programme and free advice on things that could be done to improve it.